Tuesday, October 21, 2008

I said Brrrrr. It's cold in here.


I've volunteered my time recently to fund-raising for the United Way here at work. I don't really know how it came to be, a previous intern is running the thing, so she came to those who she interned with for help. So of course now you look at the committee of IS'ers and it's nearly 75% people who I interned with. I guess we are perfect candidates because we don't really have the workload or ethic that would keep us from enjoying 4-5 hours of not working for 2 days. Sounds like a good deal to me. I stole the idea from a previous fundraiser to run a Wii challenge. $5 an attempt, winner of the 2 days takes home a ipod of some sort. The idea I stole used the Wii golf target chipping. I figured another great challenge is the homerun derby, so that's what I am in charge of. At first I thought I was going to be a sideshow in a large list of IS activities. Haha, unfortunately I was mistaken and the Homerun Derby is now the mainstage IS activity. So lets hope I had a good idea, eh?


I also looked at the other department's games and guitar hero is rearing it's head as it seems to do around every corner. I figure I'll stop by and see what kind of competition it is and maybe try my luck.


Listening to: Afterlife by Avenged Sevenfold

2 comments:

Unknown said...

The main reason I'm waiting for GH4 is Hotel California.

BLaZE said...

I'm super pumped about Tool I may skip whoring the campaign mode and actually play all the tool songs as soon as I can.