Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Parking

When I moved in 1 year ago I got a perk of getting the normally $40 underground parking, for free. You get a key to get into the parking and it's heated. So it's pretty nice. I was given spot 24, and I parked there. I came to my car the next morning to find a big note written on an 8x11 and placed in my window saying that this wasn't my spot. I remember the feeling I had in my stomach when I read the note. It's probably just me, but I hate the feeling that someone thinks I disrespected them. The worst part was I had no way to explain myself. I got over my emotional anxiety by the time I got to work and called the office, they said that I was indeed in the right spot and that the same man had called the office and everything was settled. Whew, that was a load off my shoulders. The man even spotted me getting out of my car once and approached me to say how sorry and embarrassed he was, and that he had been parking in the wrong spot for a year and never known. I understood and we laughed about it.

So, that was then, and a story to let you know how I respond to being accused of taking someone's spot. Now fast forward a year and it's Winter... Right now. In the cold season the garage becomes used a lot more. I have had people park in my spot 4 times. All different cars. I don't remember the first, but the 2nd was a blue bronco, 3rd was a brown old-person-car, and yesterday's was a smaller black coup. That's 4 cars in about 3 months, in a parking lot where you need a key to enter and has around 40 spots. (In contrast, my gf's spot hasn't been taken yet.. or maybe once) The first time I figured it was a random accident, and after the 2nd I figured I should leave a note just so they knew this wasn't a empty spot. This wouldn't really be blog-worthy (and to be honest it still isn't), until the point where my notes end up wrinkled and littered on the floor of my stall. This has happened 2 times, with the 2 cars which fit the ID of a young person. The 2nd and 4th, both highly tinted, 1 with bandannas which matched the car's color. You park in someone else's spot, you get a nice "Hey, sorry but this spot is already taken... Thanks" note, and you wrinkle it up and throw it on the floor to prove a goddamn point.

Now I guess I am just blowing off steam, but I can't believe the extreme difference in my guilt over parking in my own spot and getting a note, to the 2 guys who felt it necessary to give me a big middle finger through throwing the note on the ground.

Listening to: Death Blooms by Mudvayne

7 comments:

Assailant.9 said...

Urge to kill... rising! I can't stand people who are just blatantly @holes. If the polite note thing doesn't work, there is always tagging the car with a tracking beacon and follow the car around leaving the same note whenever he parks, slowly leading to his paranoia and insanity.

Veasy said...

Actually, the person who parked next to you left the note on MY car winshield, so I threw it back on the ground to disrespect HIM! I hope he feels awful about it for the rest of his life. Blahahahaha!

BLaZE said...

Ok, first off, I'm pissed that he felt he could just put it on whichever car was closer to him.

2nd, Vic, why would you throw it on the ground? You knew I would pick it up as soon as I left the hose 15 minutes after you.

Gregor said...

"...left the hose..."

NSF...W?

BLaZE said...

I was working on Ivan's prototype...

Smartass.

Veasy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Veasy said...

First of all, who is Vic?

Secondly, I threw it on the ground because that's normally where people leave your Nasty-Grams. It might work out better to direct them to the main office if they are confused as to which spot they were allotted, or we'll just get a "Blaze Parking Only" sign to put on the wall. I think I prefer the latter.

Lastly, I hate having to delete comments and start over again. My original comment made me sound like a huge betch!